ADM Course 2019
ADM offers a 10 hour course on Advanced Optical and Fluorescence Microscopy, including Image Analysis.
This registration form targets Phd students, Postdocs and researchers from IRB and institutions at the PCB.
Registration is based on first come first served,
Attendance is strongly recommended for 1st year Phd students of IRB, who have guaranteed seat in the course.
Attendance to the 4 sessions is expected for all registrants.
The course capacity is about 60 seats (Sala Serratosa).
Attendance is expected for all days of the course for people who register.
Registration CLOSED, here:
Lídia Bardia, Anna Lladó, Nikolaos Giakoumakis, Sébastien Tosi, Julien Colombelli
Where: Sala Serratosa, Parc Cientific de Barcelona (Cluster I). C. Baldiri Reixac, 10. 08028 Barcelona
PRELIMINARY Program (Subject to changes)
April 2nd, 9h30-12h
Day 1 Image Formation and 3D Imaging
- Optical Microscopy: Contrasts
- Fluorescence: Basics of photophysics
- Laser Scanned Confocal Microscopy principles
- Resolution in Optical Microscopy
- 3D Imaging contrasts: Speed or Resolution ?
- Multiphoton Microscopy, Spinning Disk, Airyscan
- More Optical Sectioning modalities: special techniques
- SHG, Spectral Detection, TIRF
- Deconvolution for Fluorescence Microscopy
April 4th, 9h30-12h
Day 2 Image Analysis in Life science
- Introduction to BioImage Analysis
- Motivation, Aims, Commonly used software tools, Example BIA projects
- BIA fundamentals: digital image, digital filters, image segmentation, mask processing
- Intelligent Microscopy
- Introduction to ImageJ /Fiji
- Highlight on specific plugins/components: Stitching, WEKA (machine learning) segmentation, BigDataViewer,...
April 10th, 15h30-18h
Day 3 Advanced Imaging Techniques
- FRET / FLIM
- Protein Interaction with FRET
- Acceptor Photobleaching, Sensitized Emission and Ratio Imaging
- Lifetime of a fluorophore
- Lifetime-based FRET
- sm: single molecule techniques:
- Time Correlated Single Photon Counting (TCSPC)
- sm dynamics for FRET.
- FCS and FCCS: ensemble and sm molecular diffusion.
- Anisotropy, HomoFRET.
- High-Throughput Microscopy
- Multidimensional Acquisition
- Intelligent Imaging
- Introduction to Cell Profiler
- Introduction to Machine Learning
- Fluorescence Recovery After Photobleaching (FRAP)
- How to tackle Molecular kinetics with FRAP ?
- FRAP on various instruments at ADM
- Data Analysis, EasyFRAP
- In vivo Laser Nanosurgery
April 11th, 9h30-12h
Day 4 From Meso- to Nano-scale
- SPIM: Single Plane Illumination Microscopy
- Lightsheets Principles
- Live Imaging with SPIM and variants
- Optical Clearing
- Large Samples Imaging with cleared organs
- Super resolution (SR)
- Resolution concepts, revisited with SR
- SIM: Structured Illumination Microscopy
- ISM: Image Scanning Microscopy, including Airyscan
- SMLM: Single Molecule Localization Microscopy
- PALM, STORM, Paint etc...
- SMLM Analysis